Sunday 16 June 2013

Likes Lions

Band submission. Likes Lions are a band from Sheffield, and they've got an incredibly intriguing sound going. First off, I have to say that this singer's voice is absolutely amazing. The tone seems so unique, and really stands out to me. The lyrics aren't sung, they're felt, as corny as that may sound.  The instrumentation is also spot-on. Every single note emitted from each instrument seems to weave together to create this beautiful euphoria of sound that washes over the listener and creates this swelling in the chest, or at least that's how I felt while listening to it. This is brilliant material, and if we must add genre tags to it, a lengthy list including indie/emo/math rock/alternative/post-rock would emerge. This band is going to be getting a lot of attention very soon, I'd be willing to bet on it. So, though it may be unnecessary to say, check it out.

FFO: American Football, Minus The Bear, Foals, This Town Needs Guns

On a semi-unrelated note, this is the second band-submitted post I've done tonight, and they've both blown me away, in different ways. I just have to say that my favourite part of running this blog is probably getting to hear and spread the word about all of these amazing bands that I might not have heard otherwise, and these two are perfect examples of that.

1. Author, Dreamweaver, Visionary
2. All On Red
3. Welcome To Seaworld
4. Futures
5. Badminton

1. Living As Ghosts
2. Living As Ghosts (Adrian Carter Dub)
3. Living As Ghosts (Med Lin Remix)
4. Living As Ghosts (GreenHouse Remix)

1. (Here We Are)
2. Nineteen
3. Even With Teeth
4. Living As Ghosts
5. Rome
6. Everyone Looks Better In Sepia

No comments:

Post a Comment